Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Experience

Last night, for the first time ever, I ran along an unlit road with a head torch !!! I know some of you do it all the time [run in the dark ...] but I suppose I've had no need for using a headlight strapped to my head. Until now that is.

If I'm going to Run to London then at least eight hours will be at night so I'll have to get used to it. It actually went better than expected ... I didn't venture off road and the torch was only a basic model but for the first time it went OK.

During the Run to London it's looking likely that a large chunk of the night section will be along narrow country lanes so if anyone out there has any tips regarding decent head torches or 'coping strategies' please let me know. Hopefully I'll have some company for at least part of the overnight section.

The route will take me from West Yorkshire through the counties of South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire to finish in Greater London. This has been measured at 218 miles - taking the tangent at all bends and corners.

Complete route details will appear on this page within the next few days.

No comments: