Twenty two miles with a very strong wind isn't my idea of fun. Wind is easily my least favourite weather type and this morning, in places, it was difficult to stand up let alone run !!!
Still, the 22 miles from Otley via Burley, Menston, Guiseley, Rawdon, Horsforth, Kirkstall, Headingley, Adel, Bramhope and back to Otley was covered in 3h 05:34 (8:27 per mile). This is much better than expected given the conditions.
Normally I aim for about 8:30 per mile on long runs but I'm happy with anything between 8:20 and 8:40 per mile. According to official figures the wind ranged from 30 to 40 mph (constant, gusts were much more ... not fun).
If it's similar tomorrow I'll have to think seriously about changing my training slightly. Instead of an acceleration run of 22 miles I'll probably do 22 miles fartlek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment