Enjoyed the last day of my 'easy week' with a day of no training whatsoever. In the evening we sat down with a couple of bottles of red wine and a few chocs - it is Easter.
Woke up at 4.00am with a really bad headache. Took some ibuprofen and drifted back to sleep half an hour later. This morning, feeling fine, I went for a 29 mile run taking in a couple of local big hills - the Chevin and Hollins Hill (the latter at 23 miles).
A really enjoyable run including 11 + miles along the Leeds Liverpool Canal. At Apperley Bridge I came across a small group of people doing a charity walk - raising money for Orchid no less. Talking to them for a couple of minutes I found out that they left Liverpool on Thursday and were aiming to walk the entire 125 miles (?) length of the canal in five days. The main person - whose name I didn't catch - happened to be an ex international rugby league player who had testicular cancer a few year's back (his clubs were Hull KR and Wakefield Trinity Wildcats).
His helper said he knew lots of sports people who had developed testicular cancer !!!
Overall ... wonderful weather and a really good run at about 8:40 to 8:45 per mile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment