At this point I'd like to welcome the first two members of my crew for the Run to London. They are, in no particular order, Mike Blamires (he's doing the Marathon des Sables in March and ran the Round Rotherham 50 a couple of months ago in terrible weather) and Phil Robertson (he's got a place in the Ultra Tour de Mont Blanc in August and he ran in the West Highland Way race last year).
Today's training had to be altered slightly because of the icy conditions underfoot. I was going to do an acceleration run (where each mile is slightly faster than the previous mile) on the route of the Otley 10. I decided though that narrow country lanes, ice and hills don't mix very well.
For those unfamiliar with the Otley 10 the first four miles are flat. The next four miles involve 680 feet of climbing (210 metres). Mile nine is downhill and the final mile is uphill to complete the loop.
I ran in the other direction instead. The temperature, as yesterday, was -1 degree Celsius (30 degrees Fahrenheit) and I was mildly amused to see other folk out and about without gloves ... I'm running in three pairs and struggling for the first 20 to 30 minutes.
The plan is to run twice tomorrow but we'll see what the weather brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment