Sunday, March 15, 2009

One Thousand Pounds

Just received some funds to take the total raised to over £1000.

A BIG 'THANK YOU' TO EVERYONE.

All I need now is a bit more help with the logistics. Everything is in place I'm just short of a few volunteers - injuries and illness have taken their toll in recent days [not to me ...].

The help I'll need is as follows:
  1. to always have a car fairly nearby with food, drink, maps, spare clothes, etc. Obviously the more people volunteer for this the better, as each car/driver won't be needed for as long.
  2. to have someone in London to 'look after me' at the end and possibly bring me home.
  3. timekeeping which includes (a) 200 miles from Otley (b) 300 km from Otley (c) time from Leeds to London. More than one person might be a good idea for this too.
  4. someone to run parts of the night sections with me ... lonely country roads in the dark isn't my idea of fun.

I plan to leave on the morning of Saturday 23 May - after a good night's sleep and a large breakfast. All being well I'll arrive in London 48 hours later (or less) - Late Spring Bank Holiday Monday.

Obviously full instructions will be given nearer the time when I know who's available.

The planned route goes through the following counties: West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Greater London. The full route can be seen at the bottom of the page and I can send e-maps to potential helpers.

FROM OTLEY

100 miles is about 1 mile beyond Scalford (Leics)
200 km is about 1 mile beyond Great Easton (Leics)
150 miles is about 1 mile beyond Hinwick (Beds)
250 km is about 2 miles beyond Chellington (Beds)
300 km is about Breachwood Green (Herts)
200 miles is about half way between Hatfield and Brookmans Park (Herts)
350 km is about where Denmark Street meets Charing Cross Road (London)

FROM LEEDS

100 miles is about half way between Burrough on the Hill and Owston (Leics)
200 km is about 1 mile beyond Thorpe Malsor (Northants)
150 miles is about 1 mile before Kempston (Beds)
250 km is about 2 miles after Kempston Hardwick (Beds)
300 km is about Hatfield (Herts)
200 miles is about where the A406 meets the North Circular Road (London)

If you can help please send me an email or see this page

No comments: