Tempo run this afternoon. The idea was to run 6 miles somewhere between 39:09 and 40:22 (6:32 - 6:43 per mile). The six miles has been accurately measured with a Jones Counter as it forms part of the Otley 10.
Anyway, after my 27 miler only two days ago I wasn't expecting great things today and when the first mile passed by in 6:43 I thought I might just scrape home in the allotted 40:22.
However, I managed to up my game a bit and the next five miles were timed at 6:27, 6:48, 6:31, 6:54 and 6:39 giving a total time for six miles of 40:02. Very pleased with this only two days after a run of 27+ miles in less than 4 hours. The varying mile times was indicative of the wind at various points on the route.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment