Sunday, April 19, 2009

stats - at last

Here, at last, are the stats I mentioned a couple of weeks ago ... yes I know you've been waiting for too long but I've been busy with training and organisational stuff for the Otley 10 mile road race I organise.

The figures compare today [in red] (34 days before the Run To London) with 14 September 2008 [in blue] (34 days before the 24 hr race in London where I set my pb of 228.011k). The data represents an average week based on the previous four weeks.

running time per week ... 8h 26:00 ... 10h 54:14
miles per week ... 59.35 ... 74.99
sessions per week ... 4.50 ... 5.25

cycling time per week ... 1h 36:35 ... 1h 27:41
cycling sessions per week ... 2.00 ... 1.75

stretching time per week ... 1h 16:45 ... 1h 29:24
stretching sessions per week ... 5.75 ... 5.75

strength exercises time per week ... 1h 35:56 ... 1h 20:46
strength exercises sessions per week ... 3.00 ... 2.25

total training time ... 12h 55:16 ... 15h 12:04

time spent on rehab ... 2h 12:02 ... 0h 25:21

resting pulse ... 45.3 ... 45.6
pre run weight ... 58.0 kg (128.0 lb) ... 57.9 kg (127.7 lb)

In conclusion then:

The running is very good, well pleased with this.

The cycling is a little disappointing, I hadn't realised I was doing less.

The stretching is pleasing but I don't feel any more flexible (that's not the point though ...).

Strength exercises are a mixed bag. I didn't realise I was doing less but I am using heavier weights and each session lasts longer (31:59 ... 35:54). I am definitely stronger now.

Total training time is up by over 17% and rehab time is down by over 80% which is very good news.

Resting pulse is very similar and weight is slightly down (my target is always 57.6 kg/127.0 lb).

Overall a pleasing set of statistics but I feel much fitter than they suggest.

No comments: