Friday, May 15, 2009

almost there

Only eight days to go now ... trying to relax as much as possible. Made that a bit easier last weekend by jettisoning the largest element of stress in my life.

My life over the past as to 18 months was getting ridiculous. Imagine: I have a shower every day, usually after my run but if I want to relax in the bath I had to rearrange my diary !!! It was becoming a struggle to fit in the household chores; 45 minutes with a good book ... the last time I had that luxury was sometime in 2007.

Now that I'm reducing my training ahead of the Run To London I've noticed that I'm probably eating slightly more but my weight is going down - how does that work ???

On Wednesday I did my last session of strength exercises and probably the last time on the bike. Today I ran four miles at tempo pace, or I tried to, the weather this morning was quite abysmal (heavy rain and cold). My target for the four miles was somewhere between 26:06 and 26:55 but I could only manage 27:00. In the appalling conditions I'm happy with that.

Hope the weather improves before next weekend.

No comments: