Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Home again

Been back home now for 27.5 hours. Slept between 11.15am and 5.15pm yesterday, back to bed at 10.00pm and slept until 4.50am when I was awakened by painful toes. Took some ibuprofen but couldn't get back to sleep again.

There will be a fuller report later when I feel normal again. Everything seems twice as difficult as usual - even thinking is hard work today.

I must pay tribute to the fantastic crew though. Every one of them gave up their time to help me and towards the end that was my inspiration.

Thanks, too, for all the comments on the blog ... been quite tearful reading some of them.

For the record, at Trafalgar Square my wristwatch read 0559 and 31 seconds.

Oh yes, I've acquired a teaspoon ... any ideas !!!

PS Fay says "thank you to everyone for looking after him".

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Chris, the teaspoon is from the Travelodge at Luton! Im sure they won't miss it.

P.S, the room was worth every penny just to get you a coffee!

It was an honour to help you acheive this, words can't express how proud of you i am. (Still think your mad though!)

Tracy x

The Sunday Adventure Club said...

very well done Chris, a great achievement, I look forward to reading about it.
Richie

Anonymous said...

Great performance, puts my 5m & 10m's to shame!!! Valley Strider

Mark said...

Very impressive, and what a great cause. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Chris - this is a truly outstanding achievement. Very, very well done. Recover well. Best wishes, Tom.