A strange thing happened whilst out running this morning.
I planned a run of about 15 miles running past Golden Acre Park (local beauty spot/country park). When I got there I needed a pee and as I knew the gents were near the entrance I made a quick diversion.
On the door was a sign which read 'closed for cleaning ... please use toilets in cafe.' People who know Golden Acre Park will know that the cafe is only a matter of yards from the toilets so I thought this was no problem ... until I got their to find the cafe closed.
I woman was outside setting up chairs, etc so I asked her if I could pop inside and explained the reason why. She firmly said 'no, we're closed.'
I was a bit dumbstruck but I realised that arguing would do no good so I set off running again and found a good tree on my way out of the park.
And the moral of this story appears to be ... don't go to Golden Acre Park before 10 o'clock in the morning.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment