Thursday, April 30, 2009

recovering well

Spoke to a doctor friend yesterday morning and he advised me to just take it easy for a few days. To him it sounded as though there was too much stress in my life at the moment and my body (and mind) was beginning to let me know.

a heavy training load +
lots of organising +
fundraising +
press releases, etc +
also doing race director stuff re Otley 10 +
slightly worried about Run To London as there's lots of stuff beyond my control =

stressed out ... need to recharge the batteries

So, nothing at all yesterday (had a complete break from all RTL stuff) and today ran 26 miles. Set out nice and relaxed ... my usual pace seemed, well, normal !!! After a couple of hours I gradually increased the tempo and by the end I was running well under 7:45 per mile.

Felt good too, refreshed almost. I'll probably take it easy again tomorrow ... see how I feel when tomorrow comes.

No comments: