Had an enjoyable day yesterday celebrating our wedding anniversary (21 years). Fay seems to have come to terms with this Run To London thing and has agreed to update this blog a few times over the weekend - as long as I can get information to her regarding where I am, how I'm feeling, weather, whether I'm on schedule, etc.
It has been hard for her coming to terms with the fact that I'm in other people's hands - totally. For all my previous 24 hr races she has been my sole crew and she witnesses first hand (and copes with) all the ups and down involved ... and the frequent medical needs at the end.
That has been one of the hardest things for me to come to terms with too.
It has to be said at this point that Keir has also helped out but as he's still a child it's been difficult for him to grasp the concept of 24 hr track races and all that's involved.
At this point I'd like to thank Helen Barber and Tony Hazell (both of whom run for Horsforth Harriers) for their fundraising efforts on my behalf. I know it can't have been easy for them as Helen's brother in law is going through chemotherapy following an operation for penile cancer. They have offered to run with me part of the way and also to use their car to transport kit, etc part of the way. Hope to see them early on the Sunday morning in Leicestershire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats to you and Fay on your anniversary!
...and I just saw the new story on the IAU site about your run as well - Congrats on that too! I hope everything is coming together nicely for your big run - It's just around the corner...I'm so excited for you!!
All the best
Dan
Post a Comment